Children’s ideas and energy guide us here at St. Andrew Christian Preschool. We engage children’s natural curiosity and creativity and follow their lead as we shape our curriculum and activities. Our daily rhythm follows a general routine so that children have some structure and predictability to their time at school while also allowing for child-led exploration and play.
Our Daily Rhythm
• Drop Off (15-20 minutes)
Quiet circle activities or free play while classmates arrive and say good-bye to
• Morning Circle (15 minutes)
Story time and conversation, often with a short lesson or learning activity
connected to the rest of the day and the students’ current interests.
• Learning Centers & Small Groups (30 minutes)
- Children learn through interest centers designed for specific educational goals.
Creative art, science, reading, blocks, manipulatives, and dramatic play offer the
students many opportunities to learn through play.
- During Center Time teachers offer small group opportunities for more guided
learning - maybe bugs or art or pumpkins or snow, or wherever the childrens’
• Snack & Story (15 minutes)
We provide nutritious snacks including fruit, cheese, and a variety of crackers to
refuel for our outdoor time. While the children eat they listen to a Bible story read-
• Outdoor Time (90 minutes)
- Children play, socialize, and explore in nature every day in our wonderful
outdoor space. See our Facilities page for more details.
- Once each week during outdoor time we have a special activity: Music with Mr.
Sam, the church Music Director; Preschool Chapel with Pastor Cindy; and Spanish with
Ms. Amber, one of our classroom teachers.
Two & You:
Two & You is a program designed specifically for the child and parent (or caregiver) to
discover and learn together. It is a facilitated discovery time where toddlers learn
through play in a developmentally appropriate environment using a variety of sensory
materials. Introducing new skills, practicing social interactions, and preparing for a
successful transition to independent preschool classes are our priorities. Two & You
classes have one teacher and 6-8 students & caregiver pairs.